Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful

I am very thankful for a few things that God has totally provided for us!

The first thing that we got is a stroller. You may have noticed it in some of my previous posts pictures. We did not bring our stroller from America, we had just planned on using our Moby Wrap. Well after the first hot day and a 30 minute walk into town carrying Gabriel in the Moby Wrap we decided that it was going to be too hot to carry him in it all the time. So we started looking for a stroller. We didn't mention to anybody that we were looking for one, we were just keeping out eye out for one when we went to stores. We had found a few but they were around 200,000 won+ ($160 ish) and we couldn't afford that quite yet. Well one day our upstairs neighbor were out shopping around and they came around this used stroller. The stroller was in great condition and was only 45,000 won ($35 ish)!!! So they called back here to the school and asked someone to track us down and ask if we wanted it! Of course we said yes and now we have a stroller!!!

The second thing that we got is a refrigerator. We were having a little bit of a difficult time with our tiny college dorm size fridge and were really wanting a normal one. Then when we found out that they do not sell baby food here and I was going to have to make my own, we decided we really needed a larger fridge with a freezer that would actually freeze our food (unlike our old one) and hold a bit of baby food. We went and talked to a guy at the school and he searched around for us and found this fridge. It was used but we didn't care and costs us about 200,000 won ($160 ish) which included delivery! It honestly smelled super bad when we got it and I spent about 6+ hours, no kidding, scrubbing the thing down. How can it take 6+ hours to clean a fridge? I don't know, but it did and it still smells a little bit, we're working on finding some baking soda!


The last thing that I am very thankful for is we finally have a bed for Gabriel!!! YAY!!! Before the school had provided us with a twin size bed for Gabriel. Well Gabriel rolls a bit so we knew that it was not going to work from the beginning but we tried to make do. First we put as many pillows as we could down the edge but we then found out that Gabriel liked to pick them up and throw them to the other side (what a strong baby I have)! Then we tried putting all of our suitcases along the edge of the bed with the pillows... but that didn't work either. Finally we took our couch and put the back up against the bed so it would be impossible for move. That seemed to work but we knew that once he started crawling he would be able to climb right over the back.
To give you an idea of how much he can move, I had placed him down where his blanket is in this picture... he wiggled all the way to the wall before falling asleep.

We searched high and low for a crib but couldn't find one. We asked around the school where we could get one and nobody knew or if they did it was ridiculously far away and we weren't able to get there and/or get a crib back. I then started to look online. I found this website that shipped in Korea and it was actually in English! Well when I went to order the crib I found out that the check out forms for the website were all in Korean and I couldn't order it. At this point I was about ready to cry.  So I found this place on the internet where you can ask questions and people from all around the world can look at your question and hopefully answer. I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try. Well there happened to be a girl who looked at my question and was able to give me a website that was "completely" in English and shipped in Korea! So now we have a pack n' play for Gabriel and we don't have to worry about him falling off the bed anymore!

1 comments:

Tia said...

Yay for a crib!!!! It's the same one we have, we love it :)