Friday, May 29, 2009

And the Winner is.....

Do you like my new layout? I thought it was cute =D Anywho... on to business!!

Time to announce the winner to the mini contest for the place mats! The winner is..... well, don't you want to know the answers first? Ok, I'll tell you the answers;)

Question #1:
What is Gabriel's favorite meal of the day?
A. Breakfast Baby!

Gabriel loves breakfast so much that some mornings even after I nurse him he will continue to fuss until he gets his breakfast! 

Question #2:
Gabriel got his first tooth at what age?
B. 4 months

Yep, 4 months! Early bloomer! And it was right at Christmas time too!

Question # 3:
What toy is Gabriel's favorite?
D. Ladybug Book

At the hospital they gave us this chubby lady bug book and it ended up being Gabriel's favorite toy and still is... to bad it's falling apart!!! 

Question #4:
Gabriel's favorite Fruit is...
B. Strawberries

We all saw those pictures!

Question #5:
Gabriel's favorite Vegetable is...
C. Sweet Potato

Too bad I can't find American sweet potato here because the ones here are white and don't taste anything like the orange ones we have in the States!

Question #6:
What time was Gabriel born at?
A. 7:19PM

19:19 was how they said it to me when he came out, it's easier to remember that way!

Question #7
How many teeth does Gabriel have?
C. Stompin' Six

I'm rather glad that he gets more then one at a time, I've really only had to deal with him teething 3 times! 

Question #8:
How long was I in Labor with Gabriel?
B. 16 hours

16 not so fun hours...

Question #9:
What does Gabriel do when he really wants something?
C. Puts his arms out has makes hissing noises

He also does this if he is very engrossed in the toy he is playing with!

Question #10:
What does Gabriel do when Mama says "No" when he is about to touch something?
B. Whip his hand back like he had just touched fire

I am very proud of Gabriel, he learned "No" very fast. Every once in awhile he will try and touch it again and when he does that it usually continues until he gets his 'spanking' but after that he usually doesn't touch whatever he wasn't supposed to again! Now whenever he goes by this fire exstinguisher in the hall way (I can't move it or I would) he just looks at it for a long time and then slowly goes past it, same goes for the garbage (we don't have a can) and the cord for the fridge we can't hide! 

Question #11:
Which toes does Gabriel have a birth mark on?
D. Middle Right Toe

People keep asking me what happened to his toe... it's kind of hard to explain birth mark to people who don't speak very good English!

Question # 12:
Gabriel hates Tofu...
A. True

The one time we gave it to him he actually ate it but then threw everything up. 

Question #13:
It took Gabriel 3 weeks to adjust to South Korean time...
B. False

Nope, it took 2 weeks.

Question #14:
The longest streak that Gabriel has been awake (no sleep) for was 14 hours...
A. True

14 miserable hours to be honest. I am so glad he is more on a schedule now... the good ol' days when he would be up for hours on end and not go to bed until 1:00AM... 

Question #15:
The first time Gabriel saw an African American person he laughed...
B. False

Actually he cried! LOL! It was really cute! We were moving from our apartment and Gabriel was in his Jumperoo. Well some people came by to look at the apartment and one of them happened to be an African American woman. She thought Gabriel was really cute so went up to him to say hello... he immediately started to scream and wouldn't stop until I went to go get him, then he just hid his face in my shoulder until they left. I felt kind of bad but I thought it was cute!

So, now you know all the answers... how did you do? 

Ok, ok... the winner is.... 
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Mom(Manuela)!!!! She got 10/15 right! Tia, Kristy and whoever the Anonymous person who did not put their name in the comment box (ahem) got 9/15 right and Heidi got 8/15! So Congrats Mom, I hope you like the place mats! I will send them to you as soon as I can!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Yay mom! (she was very into it by the way) ;)

I LOVE your layout- super super cute!

Christine said...

Yes she was very into it! She really really wanted to win! :)
I was going to up this on my layout, its super cute! :) I like it better than the other one you had (not that the other one isn't cute!)

The Stainbrooks said...

Kayla- love the new layout and just so you know sweet potato ( not the white ones, the orange) are EVERYWHERE in korea...they are called Guguma (goo-goo-ma) Our province is famously known for the sweet potatoes and we have them all the time :)