Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The first month

It's hard to believe that Josh and I, with Gabriel, have been in South Korea one month today! Time has gone by so fast, it's kind of scary! If I think that there is only 11 more of these months left it doesn't sound like that long, especially if they go by this fast, but then if I then we're going to be here for a year it sounds plenty long! 


In our first month here Gabriel has become a champion sitter. He still falls over now and then but Mommy is always there to catch him, if not a pillow:) Gabriel is also very close to crawling. He is getting around just fine without the crawling, he will get his knees up underneath him and then push. I try to teach him to put his arms up too but that never last very long, he likes his way and that is what he is going to do! He also has 5 teeth now, he's my little buck tooth =D 

Josh and I are still enjoying ourselves. Josh still likes teaching at the school. He is a lot more used to it now and is even more comfortable with it. We're trying to learn some Korean but it's not the easiest language in the whole world! Plus it doesn't help that their alphabet is COMPLETELY different so you can't read anything. When I have traveled to other countries I can usually figure out what things say, but not here, there is really nothing that is similar. I know thank you and cute and a old and/or married woman... I'm slow, I know! 

Over all, things here are fun and exciting. We're excited to see what the rest of our time here will bring!

0 comments: