Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So mad!

Josh came home today and told me some very unfortunate news. No, not unfortunate, how about down right disgusting news. Is there a word worse then disgusting? If there is, that was the news I got today. 


In one of Josh's meetings today they told everybody that someone was going to come by and change our water filter tomorrow. At the same time they told everybody that if you do not use your water filter for 10 days straight a lot of bacteria can build up in it... gross! I have no idea how long this apartment was empty before we moved in therefore I'm sure that my water filter has a lot of bacteria in it. GROSS! Then they go on to say that in the summer on the hot humid days mold, yes MOLD, M-O-L-D, can grow in the filter. EEWWWW!!! So Josh went and got a Q Tip and stuck it in the faucet of our water filter and low and behold MOLD!!!! I am disgusted! Beyond words am I grossed out! 

No wonder I've had a cold for over the last month and can't get rid of it! No wonder when I leave for the weekend I start to feel better and then come back only for my cold to get worse! No wonder Gabriel is getting a rash from his wipes since I make my own wipe solution and have to use water! No wonder Josh's asthma is worse!  No wonder I feel like crap! I'm pissed! Now I'm going to go boil water from the sink so I have something to drink since all the vending machines around the school are out of water and my filter has MOLD in it!!! The Korean water,at least in our area, we're told, has bacteria in it too hence the boiling. I am so mad right now.... err!!!!!

You would think that if this country/school is so desperate for teachers and will take anybody that the school would do a little more for you in terms of health and not knowingly let you drink moldy water! I usually wouldn't put this in my blog but... WTF? I mean, I've given Gabe tiny bits of this water since it's so hot here I don't want him to get dehydrated.... this is my baby I'm talking about and they let me give him moldy water... MOLDY!!! Josh and I have asthma for crying out loud and mold is like the devil for asthmatic people... but yet we've been drinking it all along! WTF! Aaarg!!!! It's a good thing I wasn't in that meeting... I probably would have said a few things:) 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you mad, Kayla? :)

Kristina said...

appalling, repulsive, detestable--better than disgusting?

:( That's nasty- I wouldn't be too happy either, mold can be very dangerous. I'm sorry...

Tia said...

eeewww! That is really gross!! I would be mad too!

The Stainbrooks said...

yes the mold issue here is nasty, and trust me it'll get in more than your drinking water. Mold is EVERYWHERE in korea... mainly because of the rainy season, and what's more... none of the Koreans care. They don't clean it, they don't do anything about it.It sucks... but it's Korea