Thursday, May 28, 2009

No Sense of Style

My husband has no sense of style, seriously he doesn't. Before I met him, and even while we were dating, his choice outfit was a white undershirt and cargo pants. I remember the first time I met Josh he was wearing a white shirt and cargo pants along with this brown dress jacket. I thought that he looked really nice... until I realized that he wore the EXACT same thing every Sunday! He even wore the same outfit to our first date! I started to think he didn't own any other clothes and that is why he wore the same thing every day. But on the contrary, it ended up being that Josh owned way more clothes then I ever did, it was just all cargo pants and white t-shirts. 


After I married Josh I found out how he picked out his outfit... he picks the top shirt on the pile and the top pair of pants. Me getting rather tired of white t-shirts and cargo pants started putting other things then white t-shirts and cargo pants on the top of the pile so he would grab those instead. Though my sneakiness did end up getting him to wear different things I then found out something else about my husbands lack of style. If the top pair of pants and the top shirt did not match, it did not matter, it was on the top and that was all that mattered and that was what he was going to wear. Me, being a woman, can't really understand how he can not think about things matching or care for that matter, but that is my husband. He also does not care if his pants are too short or if his white socks show between his black shoes and black pants. 

Now, where am I going? Glad you asked:) Josh also does the same thing with Gabriel's clothes. When I dress Gabriel I don't really even think about it, I pick out things that match... so when I walked out of the bedroom this morning and found Gabriel with a little baby dress summer shirt on, sweat shorts and bright blue striped socks on, well I had to smile... 
I was very thankful though that he dressed Gabe... I just took off the socks, it's too hot for them anyway:)

5 comments:

Tia said...

Gabe could be dressed in anything and still look cute!! Brendyn has those socks....I love them! :)

Kayla said...

Really? I got them here! It's amazing how many things they ship in from the US... and then jack up the price! Or shipped from wherever... not much is made in the US come to think about it! Anyway wherever they shipped it from things here are way too expensive:)

Unknown said...

HAHAAA!!! I am glad that Steve has a little bit more taste then that :)

Kristina said...

Funny! Well, he still looks adorable! :)

Becca C said...

I laughed so loud reading this. Especially at the picture. Gabe looks pretty confused!