Wednesday, July 29, 2009

well that's a little different!

Welcome to my new blog! Look a little different? I think so! I know, I know, this is the third time I've changed it in 4 months... what can I say! I have to say, the first background I had just wasn't me. I just picked the first one because I was sick of looking through hundreds of backgrounds trying to find one I liked. The second one I had I liked it at first but the longer I had it the colors started to look a little pukey to me, so I am changing it again and this time I'm actually liking everything!


Let me tell you a few different things. Besides the background and adding a picture to the top of my blog (which will change from time to time), I also added a few other things and I still have some of the old things. First, on the left of the page you will find my old 'About Me' section, but if you look a little further down you will find a little bit more information about me, Josh and Gabriel, along with pictures of course! 

If you continue down, still on the left side (there is nothing on the right side, just my blogs), you will find a widget for Compassion International. Compassion is a organization that my husband and I go through to support kids around the world. We have had a great experience writing back and forth with our three children, Thanawut from Thailand, Christina from Tanzania, and Esther from Kenya, and love being apart of their lives. It's also great because through your support these kids can go to school and provide things for their families that they wouldn't be able to without you! If you want to support a child yourself just click on the links below the picture and it will take you to their webpage!

Below the Compassion widget is my followers. It's fun to see people who follow your blog and get to know a little bit about them too! If you are new to blogging, just a little info for you. You can set up accounts on blogger (even if you don't want to write anything), and follow blogs that you are interested in. That way it will notify you every time one of the blogs you follow posts something new, that way you don't have to check 5 different blogs every day to see if someone wrote something new! You just have to check one page and it makes your life so much simpler! 

Still with me? Ok, below that is a silly number that is fun to have on your blog saying how many people visit you. After all, you don't want to write if nobody ever reads your stuff!!! =D

Going down the list is my blog archive! This is where you can find any blog I have ever written. You can go back and read the stories of how my husband and I came to be here, my embarrassing moments, you can read about our adventures or about me getting sprayed with toilet water in a high end hotel... in case your wondering, that story is under May, and is called Weekend in Seoul. Most people found that one humorous =D

The last thing on the list is called My Blog List. This, I think, is one of the more fun things! These are other blogs that I follow and find interesting. There are 6 of them. To give you some info on each one, you know, in case you want to check them out! The list never stays in order so when I write this to when you look at it, the list may change. First there is a blog called 'My Charming Kids'. This blog is written by an amazing mom living in Minnesota who has 4 kids. One of her kids has a heart condition and was told he would never be born alive but he was and is still having issues to this day. Next is my sister, Heidi's blog called 'Life With Little People'. She writes about living in Minneapolis with her husband and two girls! After that is 'Mohagen Adventures' which is about a couple being missionaries in Honduras. Following is my sister, Kristy's blog called 'Life, Love and Why'. I'm guessing her blog will be changing a little because, well her life is changing a lot:) She writes about a lot of things, living in Indiana but now moving to Minnesota and all her other adventures! Two more left! Next is 'Mis Pensamientos Errantes' which is from my friend, Sara, who also lives in South Korea. Lastly (but not least!!!) is my sister-in-law, Tia's (Christine) blog called 'Live As It Is... Priceless'. She lives, with my brother and their two sons, in the good ol' farmin' country of Minnesota!

Whew! That was a lot! I hope you enjoy my new look!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I like the banner picture, digging the mohawk! :)

omabear said...

Cute colors and design on your blog page : ) : ) : ) : ) : )