Friday, July 24, 2009

Success!!!!

As most of you know I have been trying to get Gabriel to drink from a sippy cup for a verrrrry loooooonnnnggggg time... well he still doesn't:( BUT I did figure out a different way to get some liquids into him! Woot Woot!!! I decided to try a bottle instead of a sippy cup. Well at first he did not like the bottle either... for a very looong time! I was going nuts to be honest! I tried the bottle because he did not like the huge flow of water that came out of the sippy cup and he did not like the hard nipple, with the bottle a lot less liquid was coming out and the nipple is softer, I thought he might like it better. Anyway, after about 2-3 weeks of trying the bottle instead of the sippy, he finally drank from it today! YES!  And he didn't just hold his head there and let the water slowly drip in either , he actually sucked from it and wanted more. That was the easiest 6oz of liquid I've got down him for months! I know 6oz isn't a lot or anything, but it's a start! Now hopefully, someday, on to the sippy cup! But I'm happy, Gabriel is drinking more, and we (hopefully) don't have to fight over this all day everyday!!! Success in my book!!!!

1 comments:

omabear said...

Yah! :):) :) :) :)