Wednesday, July 29, 2009

blast from the past

Today I was in the mood for some shake your booty music. So I was looking through some songs on my iTunes and I came across the song 'Ooh Aah' by Grits. Let me tell you, total blast from the past for me! I totally forgot that I had this on my computer! For old times sake I decided to play it. I think visions of my mom and brothers, listening to it extremely loud in our living room started to flash through my head. My brother Nathan pretending to be a rapper, doing the whole hand gestures things and getting all in my face while my mom was doing her dance thing and Christopher going 'ow' 'yeah'  in his dance/rapper-ness voice and my sister and I sitting there trying to read our books while Nathan poked us during his rapper-ness! My sisters know what I'm talking about! LOL! I added it to my blog (just for a little bit) just so you could listen to it, don't you feel special? Ok, ok, so if you want to turn it off just go down to the very bottom of the page and hit the pause button. I promise, it will only be on my page for a day or so! 


Gabers thought the music was pretty fun, he started giggling when I turned it on. So I decided to do, as my niece, Tryn, calls it, a dance party! Gabers and I danced in our living room to good ol' fashion Grits music! Haha! Gabe thought it was fun. After all, what's life like without dance parties now and then? Though I do have to say, Gabriel prefers to dance to 'Sway' by Michael Buble... maybe it's because Mama has better "moves" with that one... you know, since I'm such a good dancer and all... ahem... I put that one on my blog too, right after the Grits one! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about :)

omabear said...

Makes me want to get up and move with the beat, but I'm not awake yet, it.s only 10:15 in the morning Kayla. But wait, Oh, yes, there, I FEEL IT, it's pulling me into..........................................................I got to go and DANCE................can you FEEL IT!........... : ) : ) : ) : ) : )......................it's WONDERFUL : )