Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bugs!

I hate bugs! Truly, I really hate bugs. This country seems to have more then their fair as well! I cannot go outside without seeing at least 4-5 spiders on any given day! Ugh!


So this morning, I was sitting on the couch writing an email to my sister, when I look up to see Gabriel grabbing a handful of dirt up off the floor. Knowing full well that what babies grab goes straight to their mouths, I get up to intervene. When I reach Gabriel, he has dropped his little clump of dirt and I realize that the dirt is now moving and Gabriel, who is now fascinated, is chasing after it! It's a big fat beetle! Starting to freak out, I, without really thinking, take the crack that is in my hand, throw it on top the beetle and squish it! 

I immediately look at Gabriel to watch his face go from the look of 'Mama, why is my toy running away from me and why did you squish it'  to  'oooohhh, yummy cracker! Me wants, me want it in my belly NOW!'  I know this look all to well! He gets that look whenever he wants anything, his eyes get huge, he sucks his lips in and he raises eyebrows and I swear his eyes start twinkling just a little bit! Before I know it his little fingers are reaching out for his bug juice infested cracker! Eww! 

*Sigh... the bug fascination begins! At least Mommy was able to scoop up the cracker and bug before Gabriel got it in his mouth!

3 comments:

omabear said...

Yum :) Protein and grain, what a good way to start the day :) :) The fun adventures of little ones :) :) :) :) :)

Unknown said...

You took the crack that was in your hand???? What?! Kayla, do we need to have an intervention?

Haha!! At least it's not snakes ;)

Kayla said...

LOL! Oops! I meant Cracker!