Thursday, April 23, 2009

Things I Never Thought....

Things I never thought I would do as a mother...


*I never thought that I would feed my baby food off of their own chest because I ran out of bibs and had to feed him naked.
*I never thought I would not realize that I was running out of bibs.
*I never thought I would care too much about where my baby was sleeping as long as he was comfortable, until he realized he can move his pillows blocking him in on 
his twin size bed (that's all we have, we're working on getting a crib) and "jump" off the bed.
*I never thought my baby would ever fall off of a bed.
*I never thought that I would forget to put socks on my baby if we were going out... until we went on a walk on a rather chilly evening and we were all in sweaters, and jeans... we just forgot to put socks on Gabriel.
*I never thought that my son would have a huge space in his top two front teeth when they came in and I never thought that I would find it super hilarious and cute! I will post pictures when the teeth are more visible.
*I never thought that when I would hear my son toot I would close my eyes and hope and pray that nothing was accompanying the toot. 
*I never thought I would have to cuddle my baby so he would be able to poop!
*I never thought I would have a hard time shaking Gabe's poopie's into the toilet from a cloth diaper... I have rubber gloves now.
*I never thought I would have a problem with spit up... and then Gabriel dumped buckets of it on me one day when we were in the mall shopping and I had to go buy new clothes to change into.
*I never thought I would let my baby have to cry it out to fall asleep... and then I had Gabriel and he seems to hate sleep and that is the only way for him to go down sometimes.
*I never thought I would have trouble finding baby food and have to make my own.
*I never thought that I would be one of those mom's who had food all over their face and in their hair just because their baby has grabby hands and since I don't have a high chair I can't control them as my limbs are all occupied.
*I never thought I would have a hard time telling my babies no... and then Gabriel will stick out his bottom lip and your heart just melts!
*I never thought I would get over people touching Gabriel's face and fingers, I thought I would be all over them telling them to get away... yeah, it's a good thing I got over that cause in Korea they are all over him!
*I never thought I would have to go through my babies toys and pick and choose which ones he can have for the next year because I can't fit them all in my suitcase.
*I never thought I would move to another country with a 7 month old.
*I never thought that my baby would love my milk so much that he literally attacks me when I lay near him.
*I never thought that my son would find my nose and mouth his most interesting toys and want to play with them every time he nurses.  
*I never thought my son would suck his thumb and that if he did that it would be so hard to get him to stop!
*I never thought it would be so precious to smile at my baby while he's nursing and have him look back and smile... only for him to freak out because he smiled and lost suction! 
*I never thought that I would be one of those mom's who could only talk about their baby and had to bring them up in every conversation... but somehow it just happens!
*I never thought chubby cheeks would be so tasty :)

I have to say, even though I never thought all these things, being a mom is WONDERFUL and I LOVE my son to bits! 

*edit: I would like to add... I never thought I would get so mad at a toy... but when you trip and your foot lands directly on top of a wooden block and it puts a hole in your foot... well you get mad ;D

0 comments: