Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Josh Has a Fan Club... LOL

Lately my husband has been coming home everyday telling me stories of these girls in his classes that won't leave him alone. My husband can over dramatize things sometimes so I didn't really think too much about it. He told me that he will go to leave the class room and they will call his name, he will step back in the room thinking they need something and one of the girls will scream out "Oh Joshy (as this is their nickname for him) your so handsome" or "Joshy, (he also HATES the nickname by the way) she thinks your hot".  Well I was getting quite a kick out of these stories... especially the 'Joshy' part, but still didn't think it was that big of a deal. Before I go on in my story, let me say that this week we have only girls at the English Village. Apparently the school that the government sent us this week was an only girls school.


So today comes along and we are running out of food in our apartment so we decided to go to the cafeteria for lunch. BIG MISTAKE! Good Lord, it was amazing! We walk in the front door to the cafeteria and there is a HUGE line of kids waiting for food and they all start screaming! Yes, literally screaming! I was expecting to get swarmed a little bit because Korean people love babies especially Gabriel... but I didn't expect screaming. The only time I heard these girls scream louder was earlier this week a production company came to English Village to shoot some scenes for a Korean super hero movie and apparently there was a very famous Korean actor that showed up (though we don't know who, Josh didn't get to see him) and all the girls just screamed for like 10 minutes. I heard it all the way from my apartment which is quite a bit away from where this was all happening. Anyway, so we try to make it through the swarm of girls but it seemed impossible. They all wanted to touch Gabriel and look at him... and of course talk to Joshy! Well his biggest fan club happened to be at the back of the line. When they saw him they started to jump up and down screaming "Joshy, oh Joshy, over here". Haha, I had to smile, my husband hates attention... and now he has his own fan club! 

Well thank the Lord for this cook who came up to us and told us that teachers don't have to eat with the kids, we could go upstairs to eat. YAY! Away from the Joshy Fan Club! Unfortunately we had to get past them to get up the stairs. So as we were trying to get past them they all had to touch Gabriel and tell us how handsome he was and of course... tell Josh how handsome he was as well! It still cracks me up, and I have quite the time teasing my little "Joshy" about it.  Ah to be an American in Korea!

2 comments:

Joshy said...

You forgot that the girls were also yelling "Joshy, your wife is beautiful" and that later they called me a cradle robber when I told them your age and said "your a bad bad man" and one girl also said to me, "I'm 12 and your 26 thats like your 100 years old!" ha ha fun day:(

Kristina said...

Haha! oh funny :)