Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Names...

I forgot how interesting it can be to be in a different and have people try and pronounce your name. People here pronouce all of our names, mine, Josh, and Gabriel's, all wrong. Now you think, considering mine is the easiest to pronounce that people would have the easiest time with my name. But that is not the case as mine seems to be very difficult for them. 


With Josh's name he gets a few 'interpretations'. They call him osh, yosh, Joshy, oshua, osha, and a few call him Josh but is sounds more like Ja-ah-oh-sh. 

Gabriel gets quite a few different names too. There is the most common, Gah-bri-el, but there is also caybriel, gaybrel, Gah-b, or gr-eh-ll.

But for some reason my name, Kayla gets the most incorrect pronunciations. I get Caw-la, Kayler, Kay-i-ee-la, Ky-la, Ko-la (Coca Cola haha), ah-la, aye-lee, cre-ler and many more and if they come anywhere close to actual Kay-la it still doesn't sound right. 

I just find it interesting that my name, Kay-la which is way easier then Jaw-shu-ah and Gay-bri-el is way harder for people to pronounce... at least if they say my whole name, kay-li-ah mee-chel-lay lee-vel-aye it sounds kinda cool:)

0 comments: