Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful for the little things

In Korea we are provided with an apartment to stay in by the school that Josh works for. In the apartment they also provide beds, sheets, pillows, blankets, pots, pans and the necessary silverware and dishes. Now necessary silverware and dishes means we have two plates, two forks, two spoons, two cups and two smaller plates. It is all you really need, you just have to do dishes every time after you eat so they will be clean for the next time you have to eat. Coming from America where we seem to have way to much of everything, including dishes, it was a little hard to get used to at first but I actually kind of like not having as much clutter. But I have to say that it was a tiny bit annoying to want a drink and if you forgot to wash your cup you needed to go wash it before you could have anything to drink. So when Josh came home the other day with a gift from the school I was super excited... it was a cup! Yes, one single cup... who would be excited about that... I'll tell you who, ME! Now we have three cups and I have to say I'm rather excited about it!

The other thing I got very excited about was our shower curtain. Yes, I know it's just a shower curtain, but you don't understand. See we have one of those bathrooms where the shower isn't really separated from the rest of the bathroom. This means no tub or mini wall to keep the water contained on the floor and no door or shower curtain to keep the water from spraying EVERYWHERE! We always have to wait for the water to dry on the floor before you can go in the bathroom without shoes on. So last night we went to E-Mart and we found a cheap shower curtain... I was so excited! This doesn't stop the water from going all over the floor, but it will stop it from getting all over our sink and the stuff on our sink and I don't have to wash the mirror every day! YAY!
I know, these are little things to get excited about... but I am very thankful for them non the less!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I think I would probably be excited about the cup too :)

Cute shower curtain by the way.

Becca C said...

Cute shower curtain!