Monday, June 29, 2009

Sippy Cup Help Please!!!

So.... if any of you have any advice on how to get Gabriel to like and/or drink from a sippy cup I would highly appreciate any and all advice! I've tried taking out the stoppers, tried a couple of different sippy cups, and I have tried filling the cup with things other then water, like organic milk, but no luck! He just doesn't like it! Plus he would much rather hold it and play with it then let Mommy get it anywhere near his mouth! Help please!

4 comments:

Tia said...

I would just show my boys how to use it and let them play with it so they get comfortable with it.....he will get used to it, and if he is thirsty he will learn :)
I know its kinda frustrating when you just want them to drink and the won't.....he will get it! :)

Kristina said...

Yeah, he'll get it- I think they have to play with it for a little to get used to it. I think it takes most babies awhile to learn how to first drink from a sippy cup. Just use one that is easy for him to hold and show him how to use it- it'll click eventually!

Unknown said...

Totally just let him play with it. A lot of kids don't like them at first or don't get how to use it. He will be just fine. Just let him hold and play with it, he'll catch on soon enough.

omabear said...

I think I need a sippy-cup lately :) :) :) :) :)