Friday, June 26, 2009

Just a normal day...

Today Josh got to go white water rafting with the school (they are actually paying him to go minus $10) and I could have gone as well but there was no one to watch Gabriel and I don't think he would have enjoyed it very much! So I stayed home to take care of the Boo! 


Gabriel and I decided to go into town by ourselves and head to the post office. I have been meaning to send out a couple of packages and some post cards and today just seemed like the perfect day to do so... and I was feeling rather guilty that these gifts have been sitting in my house for awhile! We got to the post office and once inside all the ladies were oohing and aahing over Gabriel as usual. It ended up taking way longer to send the packages then what I had originally planned. I don't speak Korean and the ladies at the post office did not speak any English so we were having a bear trying to understand each other. They didn't want me to send these plates and bowls that I had bought for my best friend Katie for her wedding but I finally talked them into it. It took forever to pack the stuff into the boxes and for some reason the lady behind the counter kept thinking that things that were not supposed to go in the packages were supposed too so she kept putting Gabriel's toys, blanket and my grocery bag in the boxes. I finally just put everything in the grocery bag that wasn't supposed to go and kept it on my shoulder so she would stop putting it in the boxes:) Good thing she didn't try to put Boo in the box =D

Gabriel was being a little stinker while we were there. I was wearing him in the Moby Wrap and honestly it was getting really hot, so I took him out and tried to hold him with one arm and write and package things with the other. The ladies in the office took full advantage of my difficulty and quickly volunteered to hold him. I, at last, agreed and passed him off to the workers. Gabe thought it was pretty cool to pretend to work at the post office. At one point he got scared and cried so I took him back but soon enough he was back in their arms playing. He ended up sitting on one of the ladies laps behind her desk gooing and gaaing at the customers as they came in. It was really cute and the lady who got to hold him the majority of the time was happy as a peach! He also got his picture taken many times because, well, that's just what they do here.

Gabriel and I then had to walk to the grocery store to get some sort of dish for a potluck pool party that we are going to on Sunday. The grocery store is not that far away from the post office but definitely far enough where you would rather not walk there with a 20 pound baby strapped to your chest in 90 degree heat... but none the less Gabriel and I made the venture! What dish did I decide on for the potluck? Well, nothing special unfortunately. I got canned pineapple slices. I know, it's kind of cheap, but I couldn't find anything else that was easy, it's not like we have a huge variety in our little town of Yongmun! Plus, if your going to invite me to a potluck I'm either going to make something really yummy that will probably take me hours or I will go cheap, I don't do too much in between... this time I chose to be cheap. 

Then we had to make the walk to the taxi station and hitch a ride home. I have to say that by the time we got home the entire area where the Moby Wrap was and where Gabriel had been sitting on my front was rather... um, lets say moist:) I was very hot! (Bow chicca wow wow) Not that kind of hot, sicko! Anyway, then Gabriel took a nap and I ate ice cream that I had gotten along the way. 

4 comments:

omabear said...

I can't imagine holding Gabe through all that :)

Kristina said...

yes please don't let them put Gabers in the box, unless he's being mailed to me ;)

Tia said...

Oh, I just made cookies today....I will share! :)

omabear said...

Well Tia, I believe SHARE means ship some to me :) THANKS........