Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Horrible Stomach Ache

Did you know that sometimes your body won't make enough acid in your stomach? I didn't! I knew that it can produce too much acid and then you get things like heartburn or ulcers, but I didn't know that sometimes it won't make enough. 


Well last night I had the unfortunate experience of learning this fact. I had eaten dinner (which was so yummy by the way) and I wasn't feeling super great before hand anyway, but about an hour after I ate I started to get an awful stomach ache. The pain kept getting worse and worse and before I knew it was starting to crawl up in a ball on the floor. I took some Pepto-Bismal and it didn't work (and it always works for me) so I went and got some Tums thinking they might help... but they didn't! Taking these two medicines made it so much worse because they were antacids so they were taking even more acid out of my tummy. I started to sweat and was breathing really hard... I can't really describe the pain, I just know that it HURT something awful! I can kind of relate the pain to labor... but then again I had back labor and this was in my stomach and I have to say labor was still worse:) Anyway, I can usually handle a bit of pain but it wasn't going away and I was seriously going to tell Josh we had to go to the hospital. Call me a wuss but you have no idea how bad it hurt! 

Josh started to ask me questions and somehow knew what was going on. So he ran and got me some milk... GROSS! Our milk here is so nasty! I can handle it on things like cereal but it is honestly the most disgusting thing ever! You know how they say if you feed your cows onion the milk will taste like onion? Well the same must go for cabbage because the milk tastes exactly like milky cabbage! Yes, disgusting! Anyway, that made me feel a little bit better as apparently milk has acid in it. And then, yes, I'm sorry TMI warning, I threw up. And then I felt great! 

I asked Josh where he learned that from and he said that he was watching TV one time and they were talking about it, apparently vinegar is supposed to work way better then milk but we didn't have any. So, in the end I was actually happy that my husband watches TV sometimes:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, he saved you! How nice :)

omabear said...

Wow, as Heidi said, Prince in shining armor saves Princess from death. I mean, he must be special (HE IS) to ride through the forbidden forest to get the anti-DOPE to reverse the curse that was on you. Being caught meant certain death, but he knew what he had to do-FOCUS-get the liquid in the bottle and save his PRINCESS. TRUE LOVE, is all that matters. Kayla, I believe you have found a True Prince, don't ever take your eyes off of HIM. Only a TRUE PRINCE has a TRUE PRINCESS :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
THANK THE LORD FOR MILK :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Kayla said...

Lol, Mom your funny!