Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,

I am having Mommy write this because my fingers are still too small and chubby to push these HUGE compute keys. Someday I will be big and strong like you and can do it myself, at least that is what Mommy keeps telling me and I really hope that she is right, I really do want to be like you!


Even though I’m just a little guy, I love you SOOOO much! See, you just think that I’m little and that I don’t understand stuff like that yet... but your wrong Daddy, I know what the ‘L’ word is and I LOVE MY DADDY! I miss you so much when you go to work everyday. I will always cuddle with you in the morning, I know Mommy is sometimes jealous that you get all my cuddles but I think she understands, I just want to spend time with you. I know sometimes I cry for Mommy in the morning and you have to take me to her... she looks kind of funny when she just wakes up doesn’t she? Oh No!!!Don’t tell her I said that, she will tickle me! It will just be our secret! See, I have to cry for her sometimes, my tummy is just soooo hungry and I need her to fill me up so I can go spend time with you and we can have

our man time, no Mommy allowed! I do spend all day with her after all and she makes me eat broccoli and squash... eww! I know you feel for me because you don’t like them either! You should take all the yucky veggie’s she tries to make us eat and hide them! I have a good place in my crib where I don’t think she will find them!


I know you have to spend all day at work to give me toys and so Mommy can eat to make more yummy milk for me, but I do miss you when you are gone. If I could have it my way you would be home with me all day playing on the floor with me and teaching me all the animals on that book you made for me. By the way, sorry Daddy about tearing that book apart, my fingers are just too chubby and I have a hard time holding on to things like you do (and I’m discovering my muscles so I can be big and strong like you, but I didn’t mean to wreck it, I’m sorry). I get so excited when you come home for lunch and for the night. Sometimes you don’t see it, but I always smile and laugh when I hear you come home, I just can’t wait to see you and play with you! Plus, nobody gives bear hugs like you do and you let me play with your cool name tag even though I drool on it!


I want to be just like you when I grow up Daddy. I want to play guitar and sing like you do. I want to be big and strong and be able to throw Mommy down and tickle her when she tries to feed me broccoli! I want to wear those big skater shoes just like you and wear white t-shirts everyday, even if Mommy thinks they are silly I don’t care, I want to be just like you! Maybe when I get older and can understand more you can teach me how to fix those big car engines you were trying to explain to Mommy the other day, and maybe you can teach me how to ride a bike and throw a ball! Can you Daddy? I keep dreaming about it, every night! I know you will teach me everything! I can’t wait! I’m working on this whole crawling thing and standing on my own, I know pretty soon I will be able to run around with you, just like you always talk about!


Daddy, I’m getting so tired now. I keep trying to wake up early in the morning so I can be just like you and only get 8 hours of sleep... but I can’t help it, my eyes hurt and I think Mommy is getting frustrated because I’m getting cranky from not enough sleep, how do you do it Dad?I guess you will just have to teach me... so much to learn! I will try again tomorrow Dad, then I will get to spend even more time with you and cuddle before Mommy gets up. She does look super scary when she gets up after all... you should tell her to just cut her hair short like us men, then she won’t look like something that crawled out of the kitchen cupboard! Get down at my level... you will see what I’m talking about, it’s kind of scary! I will see you in the morning! It is my favorite part of the day and I can’t wait!


Happy Fathers Day Daddy! I love you SOOOOOOOO much!


Your Stinker,

Gabriel


P.S. On the next page is a picture I had Mommy take, just you and me! I love you!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

aw, very cute :)

omabear said...

Adorable picture, very cute :)

Anonymous said...

Picture is precious. Your writings are so interesting, professional!

Unknown said...

Cute :)