Friday, September 18, 2009

Trip to Japan: Day 6

Day 6 of our trip was probably our most uneventful day. It was the day before we were supposed to leave and it decided to rain. We decided to head back into Tokyo and go to a market called Ameyoko.

Ameyoko used to be the site of the black market after World War II. The market runs along/underneath the subway there and they sell a little bit of everything. Like fish for instance...
Because it rained we decided to buy an umbrella so Gabriel didn't get super wet. Gabriel was so cute though because he would not, under any circumstances, let go of that umbrella once we put it up. 
I did not have an umbrella though... what can I say, I'm too cheap to buy something that I can't even take back with me! I would rather just get rained on.
They had these weird gaming buildings there. They were a couple of stories high and were just lined with these games and were super loud. Josh said he had heard about them before and them being super popular but he couldn't remember why...

... and I shopped a little bit! I got a cute purse, a door hanging, and Josh got some cuff links because one of his shirts never came with buttons, odd, I know...
Then we headed back to the hotel and actually ate dinner there! 
Ok, so it may have sounded odd when I say that we 'actually' ate dinner at our hotel. See we try not to eat out much on vacation. It saves so much money to just find a grocery store and buy your food there instead. And yes, I said grocery shopping on vacation! When you vacation on a budget you need to find little ways to save money, and this was one of those things for us! 

2 comments:

omabear said...

Cute pictures of all of you three. Thanks : ): ) : ) : ) : )

Rachel said...

From the picture I think those game places might be pachinko parlors ~ pachinko is kind of like a cross between pinball and slot machines, did they kind of look like that? I hear it's really popular to go gamble and just kind of zone out (so, very like slot machines).