Tuesday, August 11, 2009

random facts

random facts about us... 


We got asked if we were terrorists once by a lady who was dead serious, then she snuck us into the NBC Tower in Chicago... she ended up being one of the main ladies for the news and we had no idea!

One of Josh and I's funniest memories is when I accidently flicked him in the eye...

I almost died once... well kind of twice... sort of. Anyway, one time was when I was overseas in Romania and I had an asthma attack and my (genius) leaders decided not to call the ambulance until I was turning blue and my eyes wouldn't stay open and then it took the ambulance another 20 minutes to show up where they then stuck me with needles in three different places and opened my shirt wide open with the door still open so a lot of people got to see me in my bra! The other time nothing really happened to me but I could have been seriously hurt or dead if I hadn't moved seats 30 seconds earlier...

I like plants... I get attached to plants like people get attached to pets!

I've been in countries before where I was interrogated just because I was close to a border that was closed and they asked for all of my families information including how many siblings I had, their names, my mothers maiden name and everybody's middle names!

I've been in countries that I've had to cover my hair, just because it was wet!

I can say 'thank you' in 8 languages!

I'm hopelessly addicted to chapstick and my husband finds it a little pathetic! I don't blame him cause I do too!

My husband has an IQ score of a genius! Seriously, it's like 140 and the average is (I think) 100! 

Gabriel likes to try things 500 times before he will actually decide that it's a good thing (or a bad thing). 

My hubby has never been to Canada even though he only lived 4 hours away from it the majority of his life... we're going to make a trip up there when we go back to America.

My hubby has been to Mexico though and now Korea.

I've been to 11 (soon 12) different countries and have lived in 2 of them (besides the US).

Some people think my name is a mans name.

My voice sounds like a dying high pitched chipmunk when I'm sick! hahaha! I sound like Mickey Mouse normally;) Not quite but none the less most people will remember my voice after only meeting me once... it's kind of nice because I've gone to look at apartments or called businesses or something and sometimes I don't even have to say my name they will say 'oh I remember you, you're the girl the the high voice!' I had a friend that I would call and though I never met her mom, when she would tell her daughter who was calling she would refer to me as 'the girl with the funny voice'.

Josh and I really want to adopt. It's something that I have wanted to do since I was very young.

News stories make me cry sometimes.

My husband finds it annoying that I sing theme songs from commercials... when I was in the states one of my most common was the Stanley Steamer song... now that we're in Korea I just mimic what the Korean's say! Hehehe! 

I love history and my husband loves math! My husband finds things like figuring out equations fun and I will look up countries histories and read pages and pages of it just because I find it interesting! 

Gabriel has 7 teeth.

I've been to countries where I wasn't supposed to tell anybody I was going there because it was apparently too dangerous!

Josh used to stick his cat in his toy kitchen cupboards... I saw this pictures where he was standing there smiling ear to ear and the cat was in the cupboard hissing because it was mad!

This is what I do when I'm a little bored!!!! 

2 comments:

Kristina said...

hahaha, I had to laugh at the voice comment!

omabear said...

Interesting, I like that you mimic what the Korean's say, poor Josh. I've put Rod through some of that too through our marriage. I'm just enjoying myself, but Rod looks at it sort of annoying. Oh well. : ) : ) : ) : ) : )