Tuesday, August 18, 2009

cricket hunting

So last night, as I was peacefully lying in bed with my husband and was in the very beginning stages of my very blissful, precious sleep when I hear a cricket! No, not a cricket outside of my house, but one inside! The noise of the chirping cricket had me fully awake. So Josh and I made some noise to see if it would stop because last time we had a cricket thats all we had to do to go back to sleep and then I found the cricket the next morning when it jumped at me from my laundry pile! But noise did not work! It did quiet down the darn thing for 15 minutes, enough for me to start to fall asleep again, but then it woke me up with its ever so annoying chirping! 


So about an hour after Josh and I had gone to bed we both got up and were sneaking around our apartment to find this damn cricket! Ugh! We ended up finding it close to out bathroom snugged up between the wall and a shoe, so Josh just pushed the shoe up against the wall in hopes to kill the thing... but it did not work! No, the darn cricket had to jump away into our bedroom. Ugh. So my hubby takes another shoe and throws it at the bug but again it did not work. So I was annoyed, I wanted to go back to sleep, so I took the shoe and got nice and close to the evil bug and gave it three good whacks on the head. R.I.P. damn cricket! 

Ah... back to my peaceful sweet slumber... 

Not quite. No, not at all. I got woken up again at 4:30AM by another damn cricket! Ugh! This time it did not wake up my husband so I had to go cricket huntin' all by myself. This time the bug was in our entry way and this one was not so easy to kill... it kept jumping around and freaking me out! But alas... R.I.P. damn cricket #2.

3 comments:

omabear said...

The "SOUND OF MUSIC", it's it wonderful : ) Though I do have to say HUNTING is a good way to get food, stick them in a POT, and time for supper. ( I bet the Korean's feed them first before they whack them on the head,AH! ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : )

Unknown said...

Haha!! Kayla, now, come on. Dad used to threaten to wash our mouths with soap and give us spankings when we said things like damn. Did your parents teach you any better than that?

:)

Becca C said...

oooo I hated crickets when I lived in the country. They are SO noisy for such little bugs.