Friday, September 10, 2010

Mystery Solved!

This morning when I got up to get Gabriel, Eli was still asleep in our bed where I had been laying next to him, so I left him there until he woke up. I got Gabriel and we ate breakfast and played a little bit, all the while Eli slept peacefully away in our bed. 


I ended up having to clean a little bit in our kitchen and Gabriel went and played in his room. I check in on Eli a few times and every time he was fast asleep and his pacifier was up by his hand where it had ended up at some point during the night. That was, until the last time I checked in on him. I peaked around the door and saw that he was still asleep, I smiled and turned to walk back to my cleaning duties and then I stopped, something was different. I walked in and noticed that Eli's pacifier was no longer by his hand but was now in his mouth! I was very puzzled. I didn't put it in and Gabriel had been playing in his room all morning, but then, Eli is too little to find the pacifier and put it in his own mouth so how did it get there. I figured it was no big deal how it got there and decided to go back to the kitchen and clean but in the back of my mind I kept wondering how in the world that the pacifier ended up in Eli's mouth.

Then Eli got up and I changed him and fed him. He played on the floor a little bit and was tired in no time. I put Eli in his swing to take a nap and then went and got a drink of water. While I'm drinking my glass of H2O Eli's pacifier falls but he was practically asleep so I was just going to leave it alone. Then all the sudden Gabriel walks by. He looks at Eli, proceeds to stop the swing, digs on both sides of Eli until he finds the pacifier, shoves it in Eli's mouth (literally shoves it in, there is nothing gentle about it) then pushes the swing so it will start up again and walks away! Apparently if there is not a pacifier in Eli's mouth then something isn't right in Gabriel's mind and he's going to help Eli out. So my theory is that Gabriel snuck into our room when he was supposed to be playing in his room, crawled on the bed and gave Eli his pacifier (well, probably more like shoved in his mouth, I'm sure Eli didn't have much choice in this matter) and then went back to playing... either that or I have a genius of a 3 month old who can already find his pacifier and put it in his own mouth, but I'm guessing the latter is highly unlikely! 


1 comments:

amanda said...

sounds exactly like something my kids do!!