Thursday, September 23, 2010

a little piece of metal heaven

Does anything in this picture look extra super duper fantastic?


Well to me there is! It's this!

A very shiny, very new Kitchen Aid Mixer!!!

LAAAAAAAA!!!! (do you hear the angels singing?)

I have wanted one of these F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!!! And I mean like, seriously FOREVER! How did I end up with one of these metal pieces of heaven? Well I'll be happy to fill you in.

So, we have been trying to sell Josh's car for a long time, as in over a year, as in before we ever moved to Korea, it's been forever. So all the sudden, MIRACLE, it's sold! Now, this was not the first thing that came to mind when we found out the car sold. No, about a billion other things came to mind like clothes (which yes, I finally got!) and saving it for Christmas ect (which we did this too). But then I baked Granola Bread and I used my hand mixer to mix the dough like the recipe said and then this happened...

The dough grew up and up and up the mixer medal thingy's that spin around and before I knew it things started smelling like a burnt motor and yeah, we had to stop things. Then my loving husband said he'd clean it and took the whole thing apart and found mounds and mounds of dough all over the inside.

Then I said something along the lines like 'someday we'll have a Kitchen Aid Mixer and then you won't have to worry about it doing that' and then my husband said something I thought I wouldn't hear for another 7 years 'well, do you want to go get one?' I was SPEECHLESS! See, I have always joked that if I won a million dollars the very first thing I would buy would be a Kitchen Aid Mixer, in red to be exact. Now I don't have to win a million dollars to get one because now I ACTUALLY HAVE ONE!!!! YAY!!!!

(lalaaaaaaaaaa.... I'm pretty sure I hear angel's singing again!)
Isn't it beautiful? Sigh... I'm in kitchen/bakers heaven!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! That's funny :) That is definitely not the first thing I would buy with a million bucks and I am not actually sure I will ever own one. For some reason I don't like the idea of being stuck with one bowl size for all my mixing needs. If someone gave me one I wouldn't complain, but...glad you finally got one :)

Rachel said...

Nice! I like the singing angels, too :D