Thursday, October 22, 2009

one week...

I can't believe that we have one week left in Korea. Just one week. It's rather weird for me to think about it. When I think 'oh, we're leaving on the 30th' it seems like I have all the time in the world to get things done. But when I think 'we're leaving in a week... YIKES!' then I don't feel like I have any time at all. 


Lately my mind set has been like the first one I described, I feel like I have all the time in the world. I haven't decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing yet. Maybe it's neither. I know of all the things that need to get done, and that I want to do, in the next week but so far it's not stressing me out. Possibly it could be the fact that I already have two suitcases packed and have shipped a few boxes back to my parents long before we even decided we were coming home. Maybe. Maybe that could be it. Or, maybe it could be that God is giving us this huge peace about coming home and that's why I'm not stressing out about it. Either way, it doesn't seem completely real that we're coming home soon.

One thing I do get a little stressed if I let my mind just wander is our plane ride home. I am not looking forward to it. Plain and simple I am dreading it. Gabriel is not the easiest sleeper and we're going to be traveling, sitting in airports, taking car rides and lugging our luggage half way across the world for about 24 hours and if Gabriel decides not to sleep on the plane... well, we'll all just be soooo, ummm, 'happy,' when we get to the airport in Minnesota. I try not to think about it too much, mostly I'm trying to think of creative ways to keep Gabriel busy on the plane and hoping and praying that we get good seats in all three planes, or, at least the long one. But that's really the only thing that has stressed me out much. 

One week... One week until we can see our friends and family back in the US. One week until we arrive in the bitterly cold weather of Minnesota. One week until we have good food! One week until my husband and I can actually sleep in a soft bed and share a blanket that is actually big enough for both of us. One week until Gabriel gets to see the families that he has probably forgotten in his small memory and they get to see him all chub and walking... a big boy now! One until we can actually drive again and go shopping all by our little selves. One week... it just doesn't seem real yet! 

0 comments: