Wednesday, October 14, 2009

apartment sale

Tonight Josh and I are having a sale in our apartment to sell all of the things that we have accumulated over the past 6-7 months and some things we brought with us but don't need anymore. We're going to have to have 2 sales. One will be tonight like I mentioned and then we will have another one a couple of days before we leave and then we will sell food and things that we don't want to bring back with us but we will need the next two weeks. 


I'm kind of excited to get rid of a lot of our stuff. It's one of the first steps in heading home! I'm a little apprehensive about tonight though because we need to set up all of the stuff for people to see... but that also means that it will all be within Gabriel's reach and that usually means disaster. So while I have to keep up with people asking me questions and shopping I also have to keep up with Gabriel not tearing everything apart. Oh dear! I'm thinking of putting him in his high chair with some finger food, maybe that will occupy him for awhile.

The problem with having a sale tonight... well, I'm tired. LOL! I just can't get myself moving today. Today is cold, one of those days that I want to lay on the couch and watch a movie with a blanket and have a nice cup of hot chocolate to keep my company. Maybe even take a nap and eat popcorn too! I'm also losing my voice because it's so dry in our apartment with the heaters on that I never feel like I can quench my thirst which resulted in an extremely sore throat and the loss of my voice. So lay around is what I would most like to do today. But no, I must clean, clean and organize and clean and organize and set up and clean and organize and make dinner at some point and clean some more. Too bad I haven't done any of that yet:) Hmmm... the nap part of my brain might win the argument it's having with the clean part of my brain... at least, that is who I want to win:)

0 comments: