Wednesday, October 28, 2009

last day

Today is our last full day in Korea! I have so much stuff to do! I'm kind of asking myself 'Kayla, why are you blogging when you have 10 billion things to get done?' but I haven't found a good enough answer yet except that I don't want to do 10 billion things and have a toddler chase me around the house unpacking what I pack and unfolding everything I fold and tearing apart everything I organize... 


Nobody ever tells you how hard it can be to pack with a toddler chasing you around. It's actually really difficult. You place one thing in one pile and soon it's not there anymore and you have to search for it and put it back and so on. See it also doesn't help that I have to pack up almost all of his toys so he has nothing to play with except non-toy things and all the non-toy things happen to be everything that needs to be packed. He can also climb to any place where I have boxes full of things and that are organized and get his chubby little hands on them and demolish all of Mama's hard work. Also, every time you place something in a suitcase you cannot just leave it open, oh no. You must close the suitcase and zipper it up every single time you place an item in it because if you leave it open ALL of you stuff will be "neatly" unpacked all over your floor because a little monkey got into your suitcase. LOL! It's been a challenging morning and/or last couple of days but it's still fun. 

Gabriel is not doing so well today though. Even though he is having loads of fun unpacking everything Mama packs, he is very sick. He was sick all day yesterday with a stomach issue and the worst diaper rash I have ever seen. My poor baby. He cried all day yesterday and every time he needed a diaper change (which was all the time) he would scream and scream because we needed to clean the rash:( I even cried with the poor little guy a few times because I felt so bad for him. You could just tell every time he pooped or peed or sat the wrong way he was in so much pain. Then last night we didn't get very much sleep because if he went to the bathroom in the middle of the night it resulted in screaming and having to have a diaper change which led to more screaming. Today he is feeling a lot better, not so much of the stomach issue anymore, just a little bit, but he still has a monster of a diaper rash. The hard thing is that I ran out of diaper rash cream and have had to result to making my own which usually isn't a problem but I've ran out of all the ingredients to make my usual one. So I experimented today and made a new one that has been working pretty well. I just hope that it goes away by tomorrow so we don't have to deal with it on the plane, Gabriel would have a hard time being in a plane without much sleep and a killer diaper rash.

I still need to finish packing, go weigh all the luggage, print out our e-tickets, go to the post office to mail a package, go to the pharmacy, figure out who is driving us to the airport tomorrow so we can talk to them about what time to meet us and change 500 more diapers! and make dinner... and make sure this whole family has baths tonight... and move our fridge to another apartment... and..... oh dear, I need to get moving... I'M COMING HOME TOMORROW!!!

2 comments:

omabear said...

YAH : ) : ) : ) : ) : )
Can't wait to see you all, I'm so excited : ) : ) : ) : ) : )

Unknown said...

If you still have time, let him run around naked!! It's helps with the rash...