Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kiddy torture...

Yesterday morning I woke up with an awful pain in my neck. I figured I must have slept wrong or something, or maybe my husband smacked me in the middle of the night while I was sleeping... either way, it hurt and I wasn't the brightest, happiest person to be around.

I decided that I needed to lay down with a heat wrap on my neck. Sounds easy enough, right? I mean, stick the wrap in the microwave for 2 minutes and lay down with it around your neck... right? Right. So that's what I did. Gabriel and Eli were playing very quietly on the floor in front of me and everything was great... for a whole 30 seconds.

As I was laying there with my eyes closed listening to the boys play I all the sudden feel little hands on my face. Eli had decided that I needed company and now that he can crawl up and stand against thing the couch is the perfect level to come play with me. I don't mean play with me as we were playing together, he was literally using me as his toy, and it was not so very fun.

First he decided that my nose needed to come off... it hurt. He tried really hard on this one for a very long time. Then he decided my mouth needed to be open, lips needed to come off and was very determined that his hand needed to be in there. Don't even get me started on my eyes and my hair.

Then Gabriel decided that since Eli was having fun playing with Mommy he needed too as well. So he crawls up really close to Eli and starts poking at everything on my face naming them as he goes. I opened my eyes at one point even with the danger that a little finger would insert itself in them to see one of the scenes from a movie or a commercial where the kids are trying to wake their parents supper early in the morning. You know those scenes, where you laugh a little bit because the parent looks non the happier at waking up at 5AM and the children are all ready to play?

Then Gabriel decided that he needed to use me as his own person couch and came to sit on me which would have been fine but he doesn't sit still. He moves, a lot. My neck pain was getting anything but better, if anything it was getting worse.

I lasted through kiddy torture for 5 minutes before my nose was burning and literally felt like someone had tried to rip it off. Wait, someone did try to rip it off, Little E that is. By the time I was ready to get up I had my hands over my face to protect myself and a almost 30lbs toddler sitting on my shoulders. I had to have a little laugh when I finally sat up to save myself, now I know what all the parents in the movies and commercials feel like.

0 comments: