Monday, April 4, 2011

Chocolate Truffle Torte

A little over a week ago I decided that I wanted to try something new with the cakes I make. I found this recipe for a chocolate truffle torte and I then topped it with chocolate ganache and a chocolate glaze.


This cake was the most unhealthy, expensive, rich, yummy cake I've ever made. Seriously. If you want to indulge, if you want something different and delicious then regular cake, make (or order from me!) this cake. 

This is the top of the cake before I frosted it...

See, it's got a different, brownie type texture to it rather then normal fluffy cake. 

I also decided to try my hand at making sugar craft flowers. I needed something for the top of the cake so I made three white roses. 

Then I decided to add a little color, just around the edges to make them pop a little.


This cake was strictly experimental... new cake, new frosting, new glaze, new flowers... new everything!

Then I took the cake to my parents house to spread around the millions of calories floating around in the cake. Unfortunately, they do not have the best lighting for taking pictures...

Me and my cake :)

Gabriel and I pretending to take a bite out of the cake! 

Yummmmmm!!!!

0 comments: