Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Fun Weekend

This summer has gone by so fast! I can't believe there is only one month left! I am determined to make this last month fun. The first two months were great because Eli was born and we have been busy enjoying him but we haven't gotten out to do anything. We haven't gone to the beach or just to Lake Superior, we haven't gone to the zoo or been camping, none of the normal fun summer things. So since there is only one month left I am trying to plan each weekend so we get to have fun before the cold months of winter come along that take up too much of our year. So this last weekend we finally got out to do things!

On Friday night we went down to Bayfront for the Tall Ships Festival.


We left as soon as Josh got home from work so we could go see the ships. The ship tours only went until 5PM so we only got to see one of the ships but we got to walk around a little bit before it started to rain. You should see the rope on these ships. Like seriously, it's amazing! They have so much rope everywhere!

Check out this rope that Gabriel is sitting on, HUGE!

Gabriel was kind of crabby when we went down to the festival because he hadn't had a nap that day, so he probably won't be smiling in any of this pics but he still thought the ships were pretty cool:)

The bottom of this ship was extremely cramped. I seriously think it was made for short people. We were bent over at the waist trying to get through it which was a little difficult because I had Eli strapped to my chest and Josh had to hold Gabriel because he didn't like walking on the ship because it would move and he would loose his balance. 

This is us outside of the ships...

We went back the next day because we wanted to see The Bounty. The Bounty is a ship that was featured in the film Muting on the Bounty and it was also in the second Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Mans Chest.

Jack Sparrow, or a man in the costume really, was on the ship too! This guys costume was pretty darn amazing, if I didn't know better I would have though it was really Johnny Depp in character. I wish I would have got a picture of him but I have this thing about taking pictures of famous people or people in costumes. I feel bad for asking for their picture because I know that I am probably the millionth person to do so and I don't want to bother them like everybody else. I know that's what they are there for, to create the experience but I still don't feel comfortable asking for pictures. Anyway, we had to wait in line for awhile to get on the boat so we got some cotton candy! Gabriel who had never had it before turned out to be 100% kid and loved it! His face was blue, hands were blue, even his hair was blue when he was done!

When we got onto the ship Eli and I got to stand at the wheel, I thought it was pretty cool :)

The bottom the ship wasn't like the other one, we could actually stand up in it :)

On Sunday we decided to make the trip up to Chishlom for the county fair. This was Gabriel's first time at the fair and he loved it! He loved the petting barn the most I think. He kept picking up the hay the animals were laying on and trying to feed it to them. Even Eli got into the fun:)


We also let him go on the pony rides!

We also took him on a few rides which he thought was pretty fantastic!

At the end of the day we were all super hot and super tired so we got some ice cream before heading out. Gabe has never had his very own ice cream cone before and totally loved the every minute of it. He kept getting mad at me when I had to take it away for a minute to lick off all the run offs. Eventually I just let him make a mess because I had extra clothes in the car:)

It was a fun weekend and now we get to plan for this next weekend and do even more fun things!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.